Chew Kee Store is a rare adobe building using traditional Chinese rammed earth techniques. It was built around 1850 by the Chinese for the local herbal doctor. Through the years the store was passed down as the former owners returned to China. The Store was restored by the Fiddletown Preservation Society and is now a museum owned by Amador County.
Fiddletown had a large Chinatown which included gambling halls, opium dens, brothels, restaurants, Buddhist temples, and clone PC computer manufacturers.
Previous Back Next