The brick smoke stack of the 20-stamp Panamint Mill.
|The Panamint Mill was built below the Wyoming Mine and ore was brought to the mill first by mule pack trains and later by a tramway to the mine. The mill burned down in 1883. It is thought that later owners burned down the mill in an effort to bilk investors and an insurance company in a "on-paper-only" plan to reopen the Panamint claims.|
Previous Back Next