pc18.jpg (48232 bytes)

  An old stone structure from Panamint City's 1870's heydays. According to Jody Steward of Cerro Gordo, the later inside additions of separate rooms were used for assaying and storage. She told us about how she was involved in some mining here in the 70's-80's and how they used to fly in to Panamint City in a Piper Cub airplane!
  Notice the window on the wooden wall inside, in 1996 there was a glass window with a frame, since then vandals have walked away with it.

Previous  Back  Next