rhyolite1.jpg (41368 bytes)

  Ruins of the 3 story Overbury building on Golden Street . It was built in 1906 using stone that assayed at $4.00 to $10.00 in gold per ton. The building featured modern plumbing, firehose on each floor, electrical wiring, and a 5000 gallon water tank on the roof. The first floor was used by the First National Bank of Rhyolite and up stairs floors were rented out as professional offices.
  The ruins to the left are of the first Cook Bank building.

Back  Next