Rhyolite's 2nd school house was built using $20,000 from a bond measure passed in 1907 when a school census counted 250 children of school age and predicted 400 by fall. The school house featured three classrooms on the bottom floor. The second floor had one large classroom and an auditorium area. The school house opened in 1909 at which time Rhyolite's boom was over and only the first floor was used. The second floor was rented out for meetings and dances.
Previous Back Next